Car accidents are very common on Michigan roads, especially if you have driven across the state moredangerous intersections. Unfortunately, Michigan auto laws can be stressful and confusing if you are involved in a car accident. If this is the case, immediately contact a car accident lawyer who will be able to help you.
Michigan Car Accident Statistics
OMessagefrom the Michigan State Police shows that accidents involving injuries increased 16% in 2021 compared to 2020. Fifty-one percent (51%) of those injured were women. Seventy percent (70%) of the injured were vehicle drivers.
In Novi, theDepartment of Public Securityregistered 1,294 accidents that caused itproperty damagein 2022. Meanwhile, in the same year, 323 accidents caused bodily injury.
What should you do if you are personally injured in a car accident?
When a car accident in Novi, Mi results in personal injury, victims should seek legal advice and assistance from a personal injury attorney. A car accident lawyer can help you with the legal aspects of your accident.
When an accident victim sustains minor physical injuries, the victim often ignores it or claims to feel no pain. If an attorney is present after the car accident, he or she will be able to assess the situation and advise the victim on what to say and what to do.
Victims of car accidents can file auto insurance claims based on what happened during the car accident. The attorney can explain to victims what these claims are and whether they have the right to file a claim.
How Car Accident Lawyers Can Help With Personal Injury
The car accident attorneys operating in Novi, Mi will fight for the monetary compensation their clients are entitled to. Car accident victims who sustain injuries can face medical bills and lost wages. Often, insurers approach victims and try to resolve the issue immediately.
Uninformed victims may think there is an advantage in solving the problem immediately. In this case, however, they may not be able to recover damages and financial payments owed to them. When they are represented by car accident lawyers, they can be sure that they will receive the compensation they deserve.
The auto insurance claim process can be overwhelming. After medical treatment, a lawyer in Novi, Mi can help you with:
- Claim for damages owed to you by the at-fault driver, e.g. B. Medical bills, loss of income and other claims;
- Communicate directly with the insurer;
- Gather evidence, conduct interviews, speak to experts, and prepare other documents needed to prove your car accident;
- Create a legal plan to ensure you get the best car accident settlement. AND
- Represent in court if you are unable to obtain the compensation owed to you
Impeccable Insurance Under Michigan Auto Law: What You Should Know
Terno-fault insurance coverageit is required by Michigan law. Michigan's no-fault law covers the cost of medical bills and other economic damages to people involved in car accidents, regardless of who is at fault. It also applies to the driver and passenger.
A claim for personal injury protection benefits through no fault of your own must be made within one year of the auto accident.
What to do after a car accident in Novi?
There are a few steps to take after a car accident in Novi, Mi. Proceed as follows if you suffer bodily injury or property damage after the accident:
- Contact the police and file a police report.
A police report provides details of the vehicle collision. It also includes testimonials from the people involved in the accident and details about car insurance. To claim insurance coverage, file the police report within a specified time frame.
- Report and document all injuries and damages.
There are times when the symptoms of physical injury do not appear immediately. Make sure you have a detailed list of symptoms, pain,Headacheand injuries you have suffered, however small they may seem.
- Avoid speaking directly with the insurance representative.
Make sure you have a car accident attorney representing you to protect your best interests.
Victim of a car accident in Novi, can my still sue the driver at fault?
Even if you made claims under Michigan's no-fault law, you can still sue the at-fault driver. In this case, you must prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident. The negligent driver may be held liable for financial losses and non-pecuniary damages.
Non-economic damage can include pain and suffering, as well as psychological and emotional distress.. Economic damages refer to other expenses not covered by the Personal Injury Insurance (PIP).
Reasons Your Novi, Mi Car Accident Claims May Be Denied
Auto insurers can deny claims from accident victims for a variety of reasons, including:
- Invalid insurance policies at the time of the accident
- The policy does not cover damages nor does it expressly exclude the claim.
- The claim exceeds the coverage limits.
- Incorrect filing of claims
- The car accident was not immediately reported to police.
- Late submission of claims
- violation of state laws
- Medical help was not immediately sought.
There are other possible reasons for denial of claims. Some claims are legal denials, but there can also be illegal denials.
Types of Compensation for Injured Plaintiffs
Anyone who has suffered personal injuries as a result of the car accident can claim the following claims from the insurance company:
first party claimwith undeserved benefits.As mentioned above, the right allows for payment of medical expenses, lost wages,replacement services,medical mileage,follow-up careand property damage, regardless of who caused the accident
Third party claims about thedebtConductor.It refers to non-pecuniary damages such. B. Excessive pain and suffering and economic damages that are not covered by the no-fault claim.
Why do I need a car accident lawyer for a car accident in Novi, MI?
Michigan auto law can be overwhelming, especially after you have witnessed a car accident firsthand. When you hire a car accident lawyer, you can be sure that your lawyer specializes in helping people injured in car accidents.
You have someone fighting for you. You have legal representation if you need to file a personal injury claim. More importantly, you know that you will have the opportunity to assert claims that are rightfully yours.
Hiring Novi Car Accident Lawyers Versus Talking Directly With Car Insurers
After a car accident, do not contact the insurance company directly. It is important to speak with a car accident attorney who serves Novi, Mi and for the attorney to speak with the insurance company.
Many people assume that insurers have the best interests of their customers in mind. But insurers are businesses, which means their goal is to make sure your business makes a profit.
Your attorney's goal, on the other hand, is to obtainbetter handlingcomplaining about yourself You can file your claim in person, but having an experienced car accident attorney representing you increases your chances of obtaining a successful claim on your behalf.
What evidence do you need to prove your claim?
If you file a personal injury claim, you will need to gather important documents to support your claim. These are crucial to proving your case. Here is a list of documents you will need:
- Police/Accident Report
- Images and videos of the accident and of the injuries and damages suffered
- medical records
- Copies of medical documents and bills.
- Proof of income, such as a paycheck, tax return, or employment certificate
- Vehicle Damage Estimates
- Other documents recommended by the lawyer
Joint Criminal Defense in Personal Injury Case
It turns out that the at-fault driver is sued for personal injury.
Traditionally, drivers charged with a crime would say they didn't know they had hit someone or something. Sometimes they also claim that they did not know that what they were doing was a crime. Some would also say that after the accident they were afraid that they had left the scene right after the collision.
Leaving the scene of an accident can have serious criminal consequences. If you run into legal problems, e.g. B. If the driver has left the scene of the accident culpably, contact an attorney in Novi, Mi for help.
Not sure if you're having an affair? Let us help you find out.
If you have been involved in a car accident and want to know how personal injury lawyers can help you, contact us.The Clark Law Firmand let us help you with your case. We are a leading Michigan personal injury law firm that has recovered millions of dollars for our clients' injuries.
We offer a free consultation so you don't have to worry when you call us to make an appointment. We have been serving Novi, MI and other nearby areas for over 30 years.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents
- What should I do after a car accident? – You must report it to the nearest police station. Michigan law requires you to report an accident that results in more than $1,000 in injury, death, or property damage. Also make sure you get treatment for possible injuries and injuries sustained after the accident.
- Why is a police report critical? – The police report contains detailed information about the accident. It is also important when making your claim with the insurance company.
- Should I see a lawyer immediately after a car accident? - Yes. After receiving medical treatment, the most important thing is to call your lawyer before answering any questions or signing any documents. In this way, you can be sure that you will have the opportunity to obtain the compensation you deserve.
- How to claim compensation after a car accident? – If you have a personal injury lawyer, your lawyer will take care of everything you need to do to file a claim. All you need to do is provide the relevant documents and the car accident lawyer will be the one to apply for your auto insurance.
- How much do I have to settle my case after a fall accident? – The amount you can recover depends on several factors. This can only be assessed after you have been interviewed by a personal injury attorney.
Call a Novi Personal Injury Lawyer for Legal Action
Contact the Clark Law Office to protect your rights and learn how to file a claim after a car accident. We serve Nomi, MI and other areas of Michigan and are ready to help you take legal action if you are involved in a car accident or suffer personal injuries as a result of the accident. OurMichigan Car Accident Lawyerswill work closely with you to achieve the best possible results.
5/5 - (1 vote)